Samsung Galaxy S20 sound problems seem to be a common problem for those who own the new Samsung smartphone. The Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus have sound issues when speaking on the phone. Bluetooth can also cause sound problems. We’ll show you how to fix the Galaxy S20 sound problems that are causing you headaches.
Below are some solutions that may be able to correct the problem with the volume and sound on the Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus. If audio problems persist after these suggestions, it is recommended that you contact your retailer to have the Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S20+ Plus repaired. Here’s a guide to fixing the Galaxy S20 sound problem.
How to fix Galaxy S20’s sound problems:
- Turn off the Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S20+ Plus. Next, take out the SIM card. Then turn the phone on again.
- You might find dirt, dust, and other debris stuck to the microphone. Clean it with compressed air, and then check if your Galaxy S20 audio problem has been resolved.
- Bluetooth can cause audio problems. Try turning off your Bluetooth device to resolve the problem with the Galaxy S20’s audio.
- You can also remove the cache from your smartphone to solve the audio problem.
- Another option is to put the Galaxy S20 in Recovery Mode.