The Galaxy S20 and Galaxy S20+ Plus smartphones have been reported by owners. The Galaxy S20’s volume, sound, and audio issues when making or receiving calls are a problem. This means that the phone can’t hear or hear the caller properly.
Here are some tips to fix volume issues on your Galaxy S20 or Galaxy S20+ Plus. If the audio problems persist, follow the below guide.
Fixing the Galaxy S20’s audio problem:
- Turn off your smartphone, then take out the SIM Card and then re-insert it on the smartphone.
- Clean the microphone of any dirt, dust, or debris. Then, use compressed air to clean the microphone and see if your Galaxy S20 audio problem has been resolved.
- Bluetooth can sometimes cause audio problems. You can try turning off Bluetooth to see if it solves the problem with the Galaxy S20’s audio.
- Your audio problem can be solved by clearing your phone’s cache
- You can also put the Galaxy S20 in Recovery Mode.